Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Bit About Mike Scarpelli

What's your favorite moment of a wedding?
Anytime there's real emotion to be captured, and running around the city shooting very "Chicago stuff" with the bride and groom.

What is your go-to lens of choice?
I use my 24-105 a lot.

Do you have a fail-safe location you couldn't do without?
Yes, but I like to keep them a secret - I don't want other photographers finding out about them.

What is your favorite appetizer?
Anything wrapped in bacon.

The weirdest thing that has happened to you while shooting?
I was on LaSalle when they were shooting a low budget movie (there weren't the usual trailers and crew all over to clue you in that they were shooting) and two cars screeched around the corner and barreled towards us, machine guns blazing.  It was pretty cool.  They let the bride and groom pose on the cars.

Some photographers that inspire you:

Favorite venues:

Favorite movie:

Favorite Chicago neighborhood:
Chinatown

Best vacation destination:
Sicily

Do you have a good joke to share?
Is this a family blog?  Ok... Skeleton walks into a bar and says, "Give me a beer and a mop."

What are your favorite bands/artists?
I like old school blues, R&B, soul - Muddy Waters, James Brown, George Clinton

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
An eagle - I think it would be great to fly.

Dogs or cats?
Dogs

Best Chicago restaurant:
Alinea - but I do like a good cheap bowl of noodles on Argyle Street.

If you were hosting a guest that has never been to Chicago before, where would you take them?
It depends on who it is, but I'd probably take them to a few different neighborhoods, and buy them an Italian beef sandwich.

If you could see one band, front row, dead or alive, who would it be?

First concert:

How did you meet your current special someone?
At a party.

Favorite wedding color combo?
Black.

No comments:

Blogging tips