Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Bit About Tim Jarosz



What's your favorite moment of a wedding?
I love taking the couple to some special spots around the city before or after the ceremony, that is the time I can really get creative with them and their wedding party.  I really appreciate the uniqueness of every couple. It is that special quality that I love to capture with the dramatic backdrop that is Chicago.

What is your go-to lens of choice?
Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8

Do you have a fail-safe location?
Olive Park, because the background view of the city.  There is a cool alley across the street from the Chicago Theater, the lighting and the urban feel are gritty and beautiful.

What is your favorite appetizer?
I stay away from appetizers, but when they are forced upon me,  I like crab cakes and the small lamb chops are pretty tasty.

Some photographers that inspire you:
In a way, I get inspired by all other photographers.  Everybody has something that is special or different that can inspire me.  One of my favorites though is a street photographer named Boogie. The Vivian Maier show at the Chicago Cultural Center was an inspiring look at Chicago and people out on the street.

Favorite venues:
A New Leaf and Salvage One.

Favorite movie:
Beautiful Losers

Favorite Chicago neighborhood:
Wicker Park and Bucktown

Best vacation destination:
Jamaica is one of my favorite places in the world.  You cannot beat the beaches, culture and people.

Do you have a good joke to share?
Who ever remembers jokes?  But yea... A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"

Who are your favorite bands/artists?
Modest Mouse, Death Cab for Cutie, Brand New, The Shins, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Biggie

Personal work:
www.timmyjyo.com

If you could be an animal, what would you be and why?
I would have to be a turtle living on a reef in the middle of the ocean.  Just taking life slow and enjoying the view.

Dogs or cats?
Dogs.

If you were hosting a guest that has never been to Chicago, where would you take them?
The Signature Room on top of the Hancock.  Then probably walk down the lakefront and hit up all the touristy things along the way.

First concert:
Twisted 8 with 311, Bush, Blink 182, Alien Ant Farm, The Crystal Method, Sum 41, Puddle of Mudd, and Pete Yorn.  It was amazing at the time.

Play an instrument?
The Ukulele.  Seriously, I do.

How did you meet your special someone?
During college at Eastern Illinois University.

No comments:

Blogging tips